Frequently Asked Questions
Is X-STATIC® silver antimicrobial fiber safe for human contact?
- Third party studies have been conducted based on the requirements of the International Organization for Standardization 10993:
Biological Evaluation of Medical Devices, Part 10: Test for Irritation and Sensitization. The results show no evidence of significant irritation.
- X-STATIC® has earned the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 accreditation, which certifies that it supports human ecology through bio-compatibility and the absence of harmful substances in the manufacturing process.
Is X-STATIC® silver antimicrobial fiber safe for the environment?
- X-STATIC® is a registered antimicrobial agent with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- X-STATIC® does not release a significant amount of silver into the environment. Test results show that washing an average X-STATIC® fabric in a home washing machine will release less silver ions than a single sterling silver teaspoon in a dishwasher.
- Up to 50% of the silver used in the manufacturing process of X-STATIC® is recycled.
- It is possible to close the environmental loop when fabrics are recycled at the end of their life cycle to recover the silver content.
Why is X-Static® yarn woven in horizontal intervals?
- X-STATIC® yarn is placed into each fabric at a frequency that achieves optimum efficacy. X-STATIC® silver antimicrobial fiber is a test proven technology that you can actually see.
Where is X-Static® silver antimicrobial fiber manufactured?
- X-STATIC® YARN IS MANUFACTURED IN THE USA
Disclaimer: Products containing X-STATIC® are not intended to be used in the diagnosis, cure, or treatment of human infection. They are solely intended to protect the finished product itself from microbial growth. We make no public health claim.Product HAI's Managing Bacteria The Solution FAQ's White Paper Video Test Data Request